• Help Support TNDeer:

Food Plots Rain chance

I hate to make this prediction, because that's almost a guarantee it won't happen, but as of the 0Z runs this morning, all three major models now have this developing tropical system turning into a hurricane that comes ashore near the Big Bend of the Florida Panhandle. Then, instead of turning east and cutting across southern GA back out to sea in the Atlantic, the models turn it north and bring the center right up into the Chattanooga area. If this actually occurs, most areas of TN should get rain, even far West TN.

I'm still going to wait another day or two to lock down the forecast, but if a good rain is coming, I'm going to broadcast the last of my seed - cereal grains - Wednesday or Thursday.
my wheat and rye died out. the turnips have thrived. i, like you, plain on overseeding rye in the brassicas tomorrow

I hate to make this prediction, because that's almost a guarantee it won't happen, but as of the 0Z runs this morning, all three major models now have this developing tropical system turning into a hurricane that comes ashore near the Big Bend of the Florida Panhandle. Then, instead of turning east and cutting across southern GA back out to sea in the Atlantic, the models turn it north and bring the center right up into the Chattanooga area. If this actually occurs, most areas of TN should get rain, even far West TN.

I'm still going to wait another day or two to lock down the forecast, but if a good rain is coming, I'm going to broadcast the last of my seed - cereal grains - Wednesday or Thursday.
I sure hope this happens , I am about 30 miles north of Chattanooga and we have had a bubble over our town, didn't get a drop from last system and the pop ups have seemed to always split apart and detour past my area! As much as it sucks for the plots I really hate it for the crop farmers that rely on it for a living , I am hearing the insurance claims will be heavy this season with some bean fields only being 18" high

My oats and clover in this little plot are coming on pretty well. Hoping with this next round of rain that it will fill in.
20240924_110347_HDR.webp

Back