• Help Support TNDeer:

Rattles on Jigs: Yea or Nay?

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
Total jig neophyte here.

Picked up some Strike King jigs for dragging along the bottom or flipping (1/2oz "Structure Jig"; 3/8oz "Bitsy Flip" jigs; and a 1/2oz "Premier Pro Model") last night at Wally World.

Noticed after the fact that the "Premier Pro Model" has rattles. Was disappointed, because I was trying to avoid rattles. Don't want to spook fish. But I admit I cannot tell what specific application this jig is designed for—maybe rattles are good is very thick grass later in the year?

Total jig neophyte here.

Picked up some Strike King jigs for dragging along the bottom or flipping (1/2oz "Structure Jig"; 3/8oz "Bitsy Flip" jigs; and a 1/2oz "Premier Pro Model") last night at Wally World.

Noticed after the fact that the "Premier Pro Model" has rattles. Was disappointed, because I was trying to avoid rattles. Don't want to spook fish. But I admit I cannot tell what specific application this jig is designed for—maybe rattles are good is very thick grass later in the year?
Never noticed a bit of difference personally. I'm sure there is a biologist or marketing director somewhere that would disagree but my personal "fish caught" numbers don't bear that out. Honestly seems the same either way. That said, I can see the benefit maybe in chocolate milk but not clear water.

live crawfish click when they are escaping prey.

i use those first two but ill use the thunder cricket as a jig instead of swimming it. popping a thunder cricket is deadly on spotted bass.

Latest posts

Back