• Help Support TNDeer:

Redbreast sunfish?

CATCHDAWG

By any chance does anyone know if they can live in a pond? I have basically a endless supply of these things in a creek on my other property. My pond at home turned a few years ago and I'm wanting to restock it.

Well I've got a friend with pond that has sauger and white bass and smallmouth in it so anything is possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fish should live unless the water temperature gets too high or oxygen levels get too low. They may not reproduce though because the conditions in a pond setting may not be favorable. Some fish need flowing water to spawn, example sauger.

MidTennFisher":h60ezveq said:
Absolutely. Some of the biggest ones I've ever caught were in a neighborhood pond about 4 acres.
I put one big pumpkinseed in my pond and caught it a few years later and it was huge.

I've caught countless longear but never have seen a redbreast in person. What part of the state do you find them?

catman529":1tl1mn3s said:
I've caught countless longear but never have seen a redbreast in person. What part of the state do you find them?

I'm in the southeastern part. My creek is a tributary to the Conasauga river, I'm sure they come up from there.

Latest posts

Back