• Help Support TNDeer:

Redington rod ?

I have cast and/or fished a couple Classic Trout models -- they're not bad, a little on the heavy side but really a far sight better than many other "inexpensive" fly rods that are on the market these days. Redington has a solid warranty and stands behind their products.

It's all about what you can and want to spend on a flyrod. Fish do not rise out of the water to see what brand of rod you are using. I learned to flyfish/cast on a EXXON graphite/fiberglass combo in 1980. Caught a lot of fish on that broomstick until I could afford something better.

True, but probably not particularly helpful to the OP.

A couple online retailers had them for considerably <$100 last year. Personally, I thought that was a pretty decent deal for a rod with a lifetime warranty and wouldn't feel undergunned taking one up in the Smokies, on any of our tailwaters, or chasing smallmouth and skipjack, or even down to south Florida canals (just to blow it up on baby tarpon! Woo! About that warranty...). Heck, even just for having an extra rod to stash in the truck. You know.

Back