• Help Support TNDeer:

Reelfoot lake boat

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Friend of a friend has this.
Wondering what it would bring?
Sorry for the quality of the pictures, it was HOT out there!
Boat appears to be in really good shape motor and controls are all there best I can tell.
Has two seats in it.
9d2028b5dbac78f29771b170ae365024.jpg
3fbf4dccf0c0bc62b0e278b0a2623fb0.jpg
ea50a7e1eb08189e2752b46ad5be4199.jpg
781b3b9fdb320779384336358ed25a80.jpg
40a2e101add002f8da0dc6289ae5a0e1.jpg

Oh and he said all the crap that's in it might go too lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Reelfoot lake boat

cbhunter":l4dfau5d said:
Not sure on price but what motor does it have?

I couldn't tell.
I didn't look much, it was HOT!

Got to be an antique. At least 50 years old. Could be a cool project for someone with lots of time and money. If I spent that much time and money it would probably go on display somewhere.

It's worth whatever someone will give you for it :tu:

Seriously, anywhere from $50 to $500 for that one, imo.

Then, likely cost anywhere from $250 to $1,000 just to somewhat restore it and be sure it's seaworthy.
Likely much more than that.

Restored to near mint and put in front of the right person, you might get $1 to $3 thousand for it,
not as a fishing boat, but as a novelty.
VERY limited market.

I have my personal original one being restored right now.
It was my first boat.
The main modification is two Millennium boat seats replacing the old Calhoun "lake boat" seats.
Am also considering replacing the lawn-mower style "in-board" engine with a rear (same stick-drive) electric motor,
the prop for which will be protected by the same "stump-jumping" steel plate that's protected the current propeller.

Mine is not meant to be a true "restoration", just something for my own amusement and to somewhat recreate some childhood memories.
If you see someone slipping around Buzzard Slough in a new-looking "lake boat" with Millenium seats, might be me :tu:

TheLBLman":38d5j22y said:
It's worth whatever someone will give you for it :tu:

Seriously, anywhere from $50 to $500 for that one, imo.

Then, likely cost anywhere from $250 to $1,000 just to somewhat restore it and be sure it's seaworthy.
Likely much more than that.

Restored to near mint and put in front of the right person, you might get $1 to $3 thousand for it,
not as a fishing boat, but as a novelty.
VERY limited market.

I have my personal original one being restored right now.
It was my first boat.
The main modification is two Millennium boat seats replacing the old Calhoun "lake boat" seats.
Am also considering replacing the lawn-mower style "in-board" engine with a rear (same stick-drive) electric motor,
the prop for which will be protected by the same "stump-jumping" steel plate that's protected the current propeller.

Mine is not meant to be a true "restoration", just something for my own amusement and to somewhat recreate some childhood memories.
If you see someone slipping around Buzzard Slough in a new-looking "lake boat" with Millenium seats, might be me :tu:

Sounds like a cool project LBLman. Whenever your ready post pics for us all to enjoy. :super:

Bucks & Beards":2s83y5ka said:
Do they still rent those things at Reelfoot?
I remember using them in the 1970s with my uncle.
Not that I know of

Back