• Help Support TNDeer:

Rockfish

Dbllunger

Went yesterday afternoon after work. Only managed the one fish but it was 32 pounds so it was a quality fish. When the fish hit I thought it was a smallish fish at first. It looked to be 15-20 lbs. About 5 seconds in the drag started screaming and I knew then it was a good one. Got a quick picture and released him for another day. This type of rockfishing is generally not a quantity thing but the quality and experience is second to none in freshwater in my opinion. It's like wrestling with a bear.

Attachments

• 32lbs. 6-18-2018.jpg
    32lbs. 6-18-2018.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 1,089
:super: :super:
I caught a few that size below the dam at Pickwick years ago.
Guy was trolling with Mann's 25 & 30+ crankbaits with huge baitcaster reels.
I have always wanted to catch one with more conventional gear.

RUGER":1ng5yh4z said:

It is a huge rush for certain. This fish hit my lure in 1.5 foot deep water. The surface just explodes.

When my parents lived in Nashville before I was born, my Dad converted to a Rock fisherman. He used to regale me and my friends growing up with those stories...something I have attempted with limited success and would love to pursue if the habitat was closer, and I had the right gear.

I look forward to your pics year after year.

CBU93":2y6ay0sw said:
When my parents lived in Nashville before I was born, my Dad converted to a Rock fisherman. He used to regale me and my friends growing up with those stories...something I have attempted with limited success and would love to pursue if the habitat was closer, and I had the right gear.

I look forward to your pics year after year.

Thanks. My main fishing partner taught me well and I have since branched out and expanded our waters and refined the times and places for catching these fish. To do it well you really have to have the passion and put in the time. I have kept logs of every rockfish caught for the last 6 years. Times, places, water temps etc. It has really helped build my knowledge base.

RUGER":17dn8b67 said:

yeah 35 years ago they were plentiful from pickwick to clifton along the river ledge and creek mouths. after a couple of years all we would catch were white bass in those spots.

Latest posts

Back