• Help Support TNDeer:

Rub rail with black lights

Had a buddy that did his. He got a jig from someone to drill the holes. Before I sold my boat it was on my to do list and it was something I was going to do myself. Seemed like it was going to be tedious work but not over my head.

I have seen some of the DIY rub rail installations that looked like crap. They were crooked and uneven. The best looking ones I saw were installed above the rub rail on the fiberglass. You might want to check that out before you decide.

The rub rail has to be removed, holes drilled, part of the rub rail center has to be removed, lights installed, wired, rub rail reattached. It is a lot of work. The over rub rail lights are easier and looked better.

Kirk":129rai9i said:
I have seen some of the DIY rub rail installations that looked like crap. They were crooked and uneven. The best looking ones I saw were installed above the rub rail on the fiberglass. You might want to check that out before you decide.

The rub rail has to be removed, holes drilled, part of the rub rail center has to be removed, lights installed, wired, rub rail reattached. It is a lot of work. The over rub rail lights are easier and looked better.

Yeah I have considered this also, this is probably the best way to install the lights. The ones installed in the rub rail are at risk of being damaged if you get up against something.

Latest posts

Back