• Help Support TNDeer:

Ruger- flies

woodyard

You been tying any fies while you are recuperating ? I have been working on a few from scn. We might need some cicada patterns. I found a site that said they have been found in Izard County in times past. This might be the year they are on over there. I haven 't figured out how to tie them yet. Got to research that a little.

I figured you were ready. I did find one from the Ozark Fly Flinger and may try to get it together. I am hoping this rain slows down over there or it may be another high water situation .

Ruger,

I like to tie just a simple Byron's Knucklehead for my cicada flies. The colors and materials can be swapped out to match whatever you think looks good. It's an easy fly to tie and I mainly use it for both largemouth and smallmouth, large bream love it but I've caught some very large trout on the Grinch with it while using it as a bobber above midges. Foam can be bought at Hobby Lobby, eyes are just more foam, wings are deer hair, but could be yarn or any other material. When using foam, superglue is your friend.

http://littleriveroutfitters.com/pages/ ... ehead.html

Latest posts

Back