• Help Support TNDeer:

Salsa

WTM

fresh is always better. the wife asked if bell pepper goes into salsa. lol i said why not, pick a couple. had a coulle of pints left over and ive almost finished one already. i gave 10 pounds of boston picklers to my daughter and she made a bunch of pickles, not bad for just 4 hills. she said the market farmer were selling them for 4/$2.25 yikes. everything seems like it is so productive this year, its almost scary.

Attachments

• IMG_2008.jpeg
    IMG_2008.jpeg
    615.2 KB · Views: 2
fresh is always better. the wife asked if bell pepper goes into salsa. lol i said why not, pick a couple. had a coulle of pints left over and ive almost finished one already. i gave 10 pounds of boston picklers to my daughter and she made a bunch of pickles, not bad for just 4 hills. she said the market farmer were selling them for 4/$2.25 yikes. everything seems like it is so productive this year, its almost scary.
I use Cajun bell in mine

Nice! Love homemade salsa! Our boston picklers are doing great too. We did refrigerator pickles and are eating on them now and giving some away...everything does seem to be productive this year...except for our squash, we picked it twice then the vine borers got it but I've already got some crookneck started and will transplant them this weekend...still time.

Last edited:
Nice! Love homemade salsa! Our boston picklers are doing great too. We did refrigerator pickles and are eating on them now and giving some away...everything does seem to be productive this year...except for our squash, we picked it twice then the vine borers got it but I've already got some crookneck started and will transplant them this weekend...still time.

yeah its strange. i rotate crop rows every year and companion plant and it helps on pests but i have yet to find a vine borer, horn worm, cuke or bean beetle or squash bugs yet and i dont spray sevin anything unless i absolutely have to. (bugs hate oraganic fertilizers)

jap beetles on the other hand are starting kn on my okra. will need to spray that this evening.

yeah its strange. i rotate crop rows every year and companion plant and it helps on pests but i have yet to find a vine borer, horn worm, cuke or bean beetle or squash bugs yet and i dont spray sevin anything unless i absolutely have to. (bugs hate oraganic fertilizers)

jap beetles on the other hand are starting kn on my okra. will need to spray that this evening.
Just pulled my first 4 horn worms yesterday and fed them to tbe chickens :) caught them before they did too much damage thankfully.

Back