• Help Support TNDeer:

Same fish!

TRIGGER

Caught a deformed smallmouth 19 days ago and caught it again today within 5' of where I caught it the first time on the exact same bait. Wonder how many times that happens and not realize it because there are no irregularities.

Attachments

• C6C306D3-4982-444C-B084-4195ECB1FB16.jpeg
    C6C306D3-4982-444C-B084-4195ECB1FB16.jpeg
    21.1 KB · Views: 870
  • 0C61CE9F-D6E7-4362-A25F-203B048F9C79.jpeg
    0C61CE9F-D6E7-4362-A25F-203B048F9C79.jpeg
    32.5 KB · Views: 875
Neat! My brother inlaw goes to the White River brown trout fishing. On the guides page that he uses, is a picture album of the trophy fish caught from over the years. One big brown has a distinct big black spot on it and is in at least a half dozen pictures of clients over the years since 2018. Usually comes out of the same section of river.

That's pretty cool. I have witnessed the same fish caught twice two different times within a few minutes of each other.

The first was a KY or spotted bass that my Dad caught and swallowed the hook. I couldn't get the hook out without killing the fish so I cut it off. 15 minutes later, he caught the same fish with the hook still it in.

The second was this Spring on about a 19" smallmouth. It was skinny with cuts and sores on it and looked terrible. I caught it twice on the same bait within about 15 minutes. It was hooked outside the mouth both times. I told my son that no wonder it was so skinny because it wasn't smart enough to keep the bait in its mouth. :)

That is a cool story Mike!

So my brother in law is a real good bass fisherman. He uses his electronics and sets up on schools of fish. He knows how to bring the bait past them to get them strike, even when they aren't biting. He says that you have to get them fired up to bite sometimes. Any how, he was fishing one day and lost a good bass. His line broke and he lost one of his favorite crankbaits that he caught lots of fish on. About a week or so later, he caught the same bass and it had his bait still hung in it's mouth.

Back when I did fisheries work, we shocked up the same bass off the same stump 3 years in a row. Fish had a very unique deformity so it was easy to distinguish from any others. 1st year it was 5 lbs even. Second year it was 6 lbs and the third year we were joking as we pulled up to the stump about how we were gonna shock that same bass and as soon as the probes got over the stump. It rolled up and weighed 7 lbs.

On several occasions me and other Scenic City Fishing guides (or clients) have broken off big catfish. Then withing 30 minutes we've caught them again, with the hook we broke off still in their jaw.

Here's one I actually shot video of:
[youtube]j06rzBJn_kQ[/youtube]

Fish have VERY short memories. That's one reason I think we sometimes give "smart fish" far more credit than they deserve. If they're in the mood to eat, they eat. If they aren't, they don't. Doesn't really have anything to do with "being smart."

Latest posts

Back