• Help Support TNDeer:

Scenic City Fishing Crappie Season (Photo Overload)

rsimms

At Scenic City Fishing I only guide for crappie seasonally... during the pre-spawn period when trolling is most effective. The last couple of years I've kept detailed, statistical records of catches.

Mixed in with other guide trips, in 2017 I did 20 "dedicated" crappie fishing trips in March & early April.
We boated a total of 563 keepers with an average of 5.3 keepers per hour fishing

I'm not done, but so far in 2018 I've done 17 "dedicated" crappie fishing trips (foul weather knocked me out of some trips).
We have boated a total 468 keepers with an average 4.7 keepers per hour fishing

I must add, however, that we have caught some of the biggest average size crappie I've seen in years! I've never hit the 3 lb. mark, but I had lots of customers who hit, or exceeded the 2 lb. mark. The last I heard one of my customers held 2nd Place in the Discount Depot (a local bait shop) Big Fish contest. On March 28th my customers (and I) boated 40 crappie that weighed a combined 46 lbs.! An amazing 1.2 lb. average per fish.

So, statistically, my crappie fishing has been off a little this year. However, my clients have not complained. Here's a collection of just some of our happy customers.

get-attachment.asp

get-attachment.asp

get-attachment.asp

get-attachment.asp

get-attachment.asp

get-attachment.asp

get-attachment.asp

get-attachment.asp

get-attachment.asp

get-attachment.asp

get-attachment.asp

get-attachment.asp

get-attachment.asp

get-attachment.asp

get-attachment.asp

get-attachment.asp

get-attachment.asp

get-attachment.asp

get-attachment.asp

you know, not to swell your head lol, but those numbers meet (and some exceed) the 2017 tournament statistics for mississippi lakes, with the exception of 3lb fish. guides on KY lake are barely finding any fish much less boating any great numbers of keepers.

there are some folks that have caught some 3lb fish out of the chickamauga this year though, so they are there. good luck and hope you catch one.

I wish the weather would clear up, I'm really looking forward to coming back. It's only about 1.5 hour drive and you could not ask for nicer people at Island cove, new owner at Discount bait and tackle, and although gouge me a little on price for the prop replacement the Tracker Marine (big blue building) was very convenient and had me ready to get back on the water in minutes. All in all a great little get away. I definitely will return. Richard I'm ready to book for the fall and spring :D pm sent Mr. Simms

Latest posts

Back