• Help Support TNDeer:

Scope help

Maude

I'm in the market for a new scope for a Sako A7 in 270. This is a whitetail rig and I'd like to shoot out to 300yards. I'd like to keep the cost under $1200. Any suggestions? I really like the Swarovski Z5 2.4-12 BT.

300 yards is not that far, all things considered. Any quality scope with quality glass in 3-9x40 will do that all day long. Quality rings/bases and bench time practicing at that distance is just as important, if not more.

If you miss out on the swaro., I just bought the Vortex Viper 6-24x50 HST. It has the turrets and 30 mm tube. I mounted it on my browning Abolt 300 wm and tested it out to 300 yds. The extra magnification is nice at the distance especially when you are trying to hold 1 MOA my minimum for a self imposed limit. They run around $800 and the glass is top shelf.

Andy S.":2elsmb53 said:
300 yards is not that far, all things considered. Any quality scope with quality glass in 3-9x40 will do that all day long. Quality rings/bases and bench time practicing at that distance is just as important, if not more.

The Meopta Meopro 3-9X40 for $350 from Sportoptics is probably the best value in rifle scopes and is plenty of glass for hunting out to 5-600 yards or more if you're practiced.

Back