• Help Support TNDeer:

Scout Scope

Atchman2

Okay,

So I bought a scout scope. The issue is it is on a Winchester 94 with the top eject. The end of the scope hits the ejecting ammo. Do you think high rings or maybe an offset mount?

I'm not really a fan of high rings or side mount scopes. How much of the spent brass is hitting the scope? Maybe mount a picatinny rail and move the mounts forward? I don't know how much eye relief you have to play with.

Atchman2":3gsu8w9h said:
Okay,

So I bought a scout scope. The issue is it is on a Winchester 94 with the top eject. The end of the scope hits the ejecting ammo. Do you think high rings or maybe an offset mount?

That's odd. I have a 94 that had a scout scope on it and never noticed that issue. Is it slinging it up and landing on the scope or hitting it as soon as it ejects?

Edit Haha never mind I have an 1886 not a 94

I have a picatinny rail. I tried using my riser but it kinda looks clunky. That may have to work. I did order some offset mounts to try. That might help with the eye relief and allow the rounds to eject. I really need about 1/2" to be perfect, maybe less.

Right now I have a reflex sight on it. It is hard for me to get the reflex turned down low enough to use in low light. However it does allow for fast tracking on moving targets. I am hunting hogs with it. I thought the dot would help but the sight's illumination is a little high.

May just send it back or put it on another rifle.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Widowmaker":1yau5or2 said:
I'm not really a fan of high rings or side mount scopes. How much of the spent brass is hitting the scope? Maybe mount a picatinny rail and move the mounts forward? I don't know how much eye relief you have to play with.
Scout scopes are designed to be mounted a good bit forward. If ejected brass are hitting the eye piece of the scope, then it's mounted too far back and needs to be shifted forward a bit more. I'm not a big fan of high mounts either....especially on lever guns like Winchester, Marlin and Henry rifles. They prevent one from getting a good cheek weld on the stock when shooting.....unless you add an aftermarket cheek pad/riser.

I'm starting to doubt the eye relief for this scope. I still think the AR style mount will give me the clearance that I need.

Okay the scout scope didnt work on my 3030. I just put my reflex sight back on it is reasonably accurate. At a hundred it is pretty wide, but I dont use that rifle for shooting past 50 yards.

Latest posts

Back