• Help Support TNDeer:

Shocked while casting long distance?

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
The first time I felt the pulses of electricity I thought as bad as my hands are it's probably nerve damage. Made another long cast happened again, slid my hand down really quick to the foam and it stopped.
Line flying out causing static?

About a month ago a buddy of mine and I were fishing in a pocket under some high voltage lines just above Sequoia power plant. He held his rod high while clearing a backlash and I heard him squall out. I asked what was wrong and he said "I JUST GOT SHOCKED"! Said it felt about as strong as an electric fence. Both of us was in total "shock" that would happen haha….

Was it stormy at all?

I've fished KY when a lightening storm was rolling in and getting close. If you held your rod tip up the rod would start humming. Also if you touched any part of metal on the rod it would shock the piss out of you.

Another time my buddy on the back deck was fishing barefoot. Storm came rolling in and he stepped on the metal hinges on the deck and got shocked....man that was funny 😂

Was it stormy at all?

I've fished KY when a lightening storm was rolling in and getting close. If you held your rod tip up the rod would start humming. Also if you touched any part of metal on the rod it would shock the piss out of you.

Another time my buddy on the back deck was fishing barefoot. Storm came rolling in and he stepped on the metal hinges on the deck and got shocked....man that was funny 😂
He had pop up showers bu no lightning. Pretty windy and high humidity

Latest posts

Back