• Help Support TNDeer:

Short Guntersville Trip Video

wobblegobble

We like to have fun on the water and don't get too serious!lol Most now believe they are professional fishermen and own the water and bass. This year I've set out to catch Many many bass and take some for the skillet too not all...some. The tournament mentality is trying to take over like the trophy deer hunter. I say do what you do as long as it's legal and not judge the next man if he does different from you. I do fish a couple of small small tournament s each year but I'm not gonna fall for that $$$ grab, even the Elite series guys don't make it only by fishing.
https://youtu.be/VNZxw07DAmk

cool video. that crap happens on KY lake all the time and not just the bass fisherman either. i started to post some well known river etiquette on here but all of these guys probably know them and abide by them. we have one wannabe BASShole that thinks those ledges are his and nobody else can fish them and even tells people if they dont like it he will meet them on the bank. well one corn bread eating river rat took him up on it and and hurt him bad.

i dont know whats worse somebody with a 225 wide open passing within 30 feet or somebody pulling right up to the boat and start yakking, "you catching any crappie?" well not now, or the pontoon weekenders thinking its a brilliant idea to pull their kids in 4ft of water over a bunch of unmarked stake beds.

Good video. I like to eat them too... just was to busy this winter to mess with them much. I fished 4 tourneys this winter. First ones I've fished in 3 years. I was pleasantly surprised when we didn't get run all over. I guess the winter group is a little more relaxed. Usually only 40-80 boats. We bombed the first, 5th in the 2nd and 3rd and won the Gatlinburg Fire Victims tourney. In the money in 3 out of 4 but that isn't enough to make me want to fish daytime summer stuff. As soon as it gets warmer than 50 at night I'm gonna be out there. Fished last Friday night on Douglas and man it was peaceful.

Nice video. My last experience at Guntersville was a NIGHTMARE. We mistakenly went on the day of the BIG BASS Splash. There were so many boats you literally had to fish in a row of people on certain banks. When we went to take out there was a guy that started dog cussing us for "cutting him off" I have no idea where he was fishing but I am certain 1. he was drunk. 2 he was mistaken. We laughed at him for about 2 minutes and then had had enough. My partner (about 6'6" 250lbs marine corps just on leave from Afganistan) stands up and tells him hes had enough and hes getting a TN A$$ whooping and the guy almost falls down trying to walk away. We literally had to wait in line about 20-30 minutes just to get our boats out of the water. I realized that day, there are much easier lakes to fish that arent as crowded and arent as far of a drive.

Back