• Help Support TNDeer:

Shout out to TWRA and Game Warden

DMD

I have had my gripes about TWRA at times, but today I talked to a Game Warden that gets two thumbs up. From my previous post, you might have seen I messed up on my Catoosa Quota hunt for this morning. I take the blame for it. I sent an email to TWRA Region 3 office with questions and a complaint about the situation. A few hours later, my phone rings and it's Don Chance, warden over Catoosa. He was super nice and come to find out, part of what I had scouted is on the Quota portion of Catoosa, so I'm going to give a try tomorrow. He admitted it was confusing and I asked him about maps showing which portions of Catoosa are open to hunt on Quota hunt and which are not - as I never could find any online. He thought they were online but stated they may not be. Anyway - he was super nice, apologized several times, helped me out, and I really appreciate it.

He took the place over couple years ago. And seemed like he really wants to make the hunt better. Said it would take a few years and that he hopes to make it better for the hunters. And seemed like a really nice guy. Glad you got your issue resolved. I'm sure you never even expected a phone call back.

I have had my gripes about TWRA at times, but today I talked to a Game Warden that gets two thumbs up. From my previous post, you might have seen I messed up on my Catoosa Quota hunt for this morning. I take the blame for it. I sent an email to TWRA Region 3 office with questions and a complaint about the situation. A few hours later, my phone rings and it's Don Chance, warden over Catoosa. He was super nice and come to find out, part of what I had scouted is on the Quota portion of Catoosa, so I'm going to give a try tomorrow. He admitted it was confusing and I asked him about maps showing which portions of Catoosa are open to hunt on Quota hunt and which are not - as I never could find any online. He thought they were online but stated they may not be. Anyway - he was super nice, apologized several times, helped me out, and I really appreciate it.
Dont we wish the the whole agency was this friendly and helpful!

Latest posts

Back