• Help Support TNDeer:

Size and creel limits for crappie?

I have no personal experience with it but rsimms has the pictures to prove what they did worked in Chattanooga.
Nik & Chick :)

It ain't like I can spell them or anything.

yes tons of research by tennesee tech and other universities across the nation on ky lake as well as other impoundments in the US. link below, look at my posts and you will see the links.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=336719

there is also a research project in there that explains why there was a boom in crappie populations on lake chicamauga, had more to do with increased grasses in the lake more than anything.

WTM":3msbknqk said:
yes tons of research by tennesee tech and other universities across the nation on ky lake as well as other impoundments in the US. link below, look at my posts and you will see the links.

http://www.tndeer.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=336719

there is also a research project in there that explains why there was a boom in crappie populations on lake chicamauga, had more to do with increased grasses in the lake more than anything.

The Chick does have plenty of grass for sure. That is why they continue to catch over 11 lb bass pretty regular as well. I'm new to Ky Lake but it seems to have a decent grass mat too.

Smo":2iwrmkot said:
WTM":2iwrmkot said:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=336719

The Chick does have plenty of grass for sure. That is why they continue to catch over 11 lb bass pretty regular as well. I'm new to Ky Lake but it seems to have a decent grass mat too.

yep, with levels a wee but lower and little rainfall until the first of the year there may be more grass and millfoil than we want. if we get some good rain in the spring hopefully we will have a good spawn. it should be good for shellcracker too.

if youre a bass fisherman then you should enjoy it on ky lake and its ledge fishing. if i remember correctly they estimated the bass population at somewhere around 45-50lbs per acre.

Back