• Help Support TNDeer:

Snapper Trip

BamaProud

We went out on the Miss Brianna out of Orange Beach. It was a great trip with a great captain and deckhand. They quickly realized we were all pretty experienced salt water fishermen and let us handle our own fish/bait our own hooks, set out trolling lines etc...

https://www.facebook.com/gulfshoresfish ... er?fref=ts

We caught our snapper limit including 2 that were just under 25 pounds. The others were in the 15-20 pound range.
snapper3_zpsdpkfqwnh.jpg

My Boy and I
snapper1_zpsaszdx03d.jpg

You really couldn't get a bait in the water without either catching a fish, or losing your bait. We were in ~55 feet of water ~11 miles offshore and most of the fish were caught around the 35 ft range.

I caught a 26 pound king. We had ~6 or so Spanish mackerel and a bunch of Bonita which they cut up for bait for future trips.
snapper4_zpsi1dejaph.jpg

I am not sure of the total weight, but I brought home 6 gallon bags of snapper fillets and one bag of mackerel.

snapper2_zps9wvebisk.jpg

The 2 biggest:
snapper7_zpsv3zngat8.jpg

Very cool. That big snapper on the right looks to me like it would have weighed more than that king mackerel.

Were you fishing a sea mount or is the whole bottom that shallow 11 miles out in the Gulf?

Yea the pictures don't do the King Justice nor the Spanish. We were fishing "private" man made Reefs. Technically anyone can fits them...if they know exactly where they are. It tends to get deeper quicker farther East.

Very nice BP, very nice.

You gonna steak and smoke the King? I know it sounds silly but i never smoked a filet, just steaked and smoked.

Its all fillets. I am not a real big mackerel fan, so I will likely do something different with it other than frying or grilling...smoking might be a good idea.

We was there last week.Had a trip booked for July 2nd,the only day the whole family could go.Zekes called about 30 minutes before the trip and cancelled for waves higher than 3 feet.Bummer!!!

Looks like a blast!

I've always fished a charter out of zeke's, great place to go. Ill be down there this October. I've never fished that late in the year so I'm not sure what to expect and what the charters will be targeting.

Latest posts

Back