• Help Support TNDeer:

So many bows to choose from

shotgun

Going to look at bows tomorrow and hopefully purchase one. Any good suggestions on good brands/models. im leanin towards the new pse brute x with the skullworks. I need recommendations!

Like Stik said you will know it when you shoot it. All Bow companies have good products now. I love the skullworks camo. The only bad I hear now days is that Bowtech's customer service blows!

There are an awful lot of good bow companies out there. Don't get drawn in by what's popular - shoot and find what you like. With all that said, I recommend you try a Hoyt before you decide. I bought Hoyt probably 8 years ago. Hunting with same bow, only put new string on it. Great bow - quiet as a mouse.

I think another thing to consider is a good pro shop. I really like to buy a bow where I feel confident in the shop to work on it if needed.

Good suggestions here!

Except, I have never had a problem with Bowtechs Customer Service, especially if you have a good dealer for their brands.
I have called them up myself and gotten parts, decals, etc etc
They are a super good company.

Stik gives great advice. (Did I really say that???) ;)

Remember one thing, almost all bows kill. You may look sexier and get more gals in a 2013 Corvette, but that 1982 Chevette will still take you to the store and back... same as it's high horsepower, sleek and shiny, sexy nephew.

That being said, I shoot a Mathews. :)

I am a close range bowhunter....past 20 yards, I wait. Really.

most any bow will kill a deer and do it efficiently out to 20 yards, and where I hunt shooting past that distance is really not very high pecentage.

The farther you plan to shoot, the better the bow , imo.

Most shots I have taken are inside 15 yards. It's hard to miss those...lol.

well i ended up goin with the pse brute x. i thought it was a pretty bad little bow for the money. i guess if they put down deer thats what matters.

Back