• Help Support TNDeer:

So, You Want to Try Ice Fishing

rsimms

I made my first-ever foray ice fishing this winter. It was something I just had to check off my Bucket List. It was quite enlightening, and fun. Really not nearly as uncomfortable or arduous as I expected. Want all the details and maybe plan a trip for next winter. Here's the scoop, plus some additional "touristy" information for a winter vacation in the great state of Minnesota: https://crappienow.com/MAG/2022/03/01/newbie-on-ice/

03012022_Newbie_on_Ice.jpg03012022_Newbie_on_Ice2.jpg03012022_Newbie_on_Ice4.jpg03012022_Newbie_on_Ice7.jpg

I did a little when I visited my Godfather up in Blanca, CO, but we had a shack on skids that was pretty comfortable. But I honestly would rather stick to springtime fishing, love pulling brookies out of the streams.

I made my first-ever foray ice fishing this winter. It was something I just had to check off my Bucket List. It was quite enlightening, and fun. Really not nearly as uncomfortable or arduous as I expected. Want all the details and maybe plan a trip for next winter. Here's the scoop, plus some additional "touristy" information for a winter vacation in the great state of Minnesota: https://crappienow.com/MAG/2022/03/01/newbie-on-ice/

View attachment 130919View attachment 130918View attachment 130920View attachment 130921
Did it for 40 years.
Went from sitting on a five gallon bucket and a jigging stick to a portable ice shanty, heater, Vexillar flasher.
Sold everything off 5 years ago.
Once drove my Toyota Tundra over 42 feet of water and was dumb enough to take a picture and show my wife. Her reaction:
"You're an idiot"

Did it for 40 years.
Went from sitting on a five gallon bucket and a jigging stick to a portable ice shanty, heater, Vexillar flasher.
Sold everything off 5 years ago.
Once drove my Toyota Tundra over 42 feet of water and was dumb enough to take a picture and show my wife. Her reaction:
"You're an idiot"
I want one of these if I am gonna go.

View attachment 130919View attachment 130918View attachment 130920View attachment 130921
You catch any pike or walleye thru the ice?
Nothing better than fish caught thru the ice.

There's plenty of places in Minnesota and Ontario that have sleeper shacks on Lake of the Woods.
Provide everything.
That's the only way I'll ever go again.
There's even a bar up there with holes in the floor so you can fish.
where is the bar with holes in the floor, that sounds aweome, definitely want to do

Back