• Help Support TNDeer:

Speaking of Mountain Trout

Buzzard Breath

My allergies are killing me today. I had full intentions on staying in and watching the race and the April commission meeting. Then I got on tndeer and read woodyard's post about his recent N. Georgia trip and couldn't take it any longer. I grabbed my wild trout stuff and headed to the mountains. It was already after 2:00 so I headed to an easy to reach stream that was relatively close to the house. The water was cool and the trout were biting.

I found this old insulator embedded in a tree that was rotten and streamside. Their was no development above me, so I can only imagine that it is a leftover from before the park when the area was being logged.

Btw, what ever I'm allergic to at the house isn't blooming in the mountains. The sinus pressure disappeared as soon as I got to the park only to come back before I got back through Townsend.

Gorgeous pics! Thanks for sharing.

It's a weird thing, those allergies. Sometimes I feel like we could dedicate 100 times more scientific research into their causes and preventions and still not fix anything. It can be really frustrating, especially when you have kids that have their own allergies that are different from your own.

RUGER":2ez49mn3 said:
One day I wish I could fish with you.
Come on!!

That goes for about anyone. Let me know if you will be in the Maryville/Knoxville/Pigeon forge area and want to fish. My only rule is that if you fall in (you will if you're not used to wading these mountain streams) that you splash around long enough, without actually drowning, that I can get a good picture to post with a trip report. :P

Latest posts

Back