• Help Support TNDeer:

Speaking of Scopes

gtk

Staff member
In the near future i am going to purchase a new scope for my backup elk rifle. I have a zeiss 3x9x50 on my main rifle, and the glass is awesome, i just want more power at long ranges

I want a 44mm objective lens, and i want between 12 to 15 max power.

Also, I want a BDC reticle,

the only knob i want to turn is the power dial.. Don't want to have to make yardage/windage adjustments on the fly

Also, most importantly, I'd like to stay under $500 or so..

Suggestions ? Experiences with particular scopes that meet the criteria ?

Tract Tekoa 4-16x44 They sell for $594 but you can cath them on sale for just over $500. Tract was started by two former Nikon Optics execs and their scopes are fantastic. They use Schott glass and are made in Japan. I have a few of these now and the turrets track very well. The Toric is the big brother to the Tekoa but honestly I cannot see much difference in the glass bewteen the two.

https://www.tractoptics.com/products/ri ... impact-bdc

TNRifleman":2r5xhspd said:
Tract Tekoa 4-16x44 They sell for $594 but you can cath them on sale for just over $500. Tract was started by two former Nikon Optics execs and their scopes are fantastic. They use Schott glass and are made in Japan. I have a few of these now and the turrets track very well. The Toric is the big brother to the Tekoa but honestly I cannot see much difference in the glass bewteen the two.

https://www.tractoptics.com/products/ri ... impact-bdc

I hear great things about these also on other forums.

markwondi":183vz53d said:
Tract would never be on my radar but if you all are happy with them, carry on.

Mark

The OP is asking for suggestions that meets his criteria. If you have something to add that is helpful I'm sure someone will listen.

RUGER":kxtjsbnj said:
Just shell out that coin and get you a Nightforce NXS 8-32X56 and be done with it. :D
50mm is too big as it is :)

but, as a tndeer tech support employee, you can skip the company match RSP payment this month and just send me the check to cover the scope :party:

gtk":2c54pdfg said:
RUGER":2c54pdfg said:
Just shell out that coin and get you a Nightforce NXS 8-32X56 and be done with it. :D
50mm is too big as it is :)

but, as a tndeer tech support employee, you can skip the company match RSP payment this month and just send me the check to cover the scope :party:

LOL Roger that!!! :shock:

Back