• Help Support TNDeer:

Speaking of the 20" club

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Dunno if it counts or not since it didn't come on a fly but it was FRIGGIN AWESOME !!!!!
It came in an unlikely spot, all of a sudden and about half way back to the boat from my cast.
When a 21" and 3 3/4# rainbow hits your line you know IMMEDIATELY that it is ON and you don't have a 16" fish on.

I have caught several 6+ pound bass and several up to 30# catfish and I have NEVER felt anything like that !
Highlight of my trip and if I weren't hooked already I am now. :D

Thanks again to woodyard for another amazing trip.

Trip was cut a day short due to my falling ill but it was indeed amazing.

Never spent so much time making sure that a fish was ready to be released in my life either !
It was fine as it swam away.

Re: Speaking of the 20" club

Knew you'd be on the water soon, hope you keep feeling better. And that's a heck of a fish. Buddy of mine caught a 23" stocker rainbow a few weeks ago in a creek where they winter stock much smaller trout. Must have mixed in an old breeder at some point. Anyway he was flipping out over that fish and said it fought really good. And most of the tail fin was missing. We grilled that fish whole over charcoal along side fresh killed turkey breast.

Sent from the talk of tap

MidTennFisher":3pb3ut5m said:
Very nice!! Was that in the Caney? I'm on a mission now to get a Rainbow that breaks the 20" mark!

No sir, it was in the White River in Calico Rock Arkansas.

Latest posts

Back