• Help Support TNDeer:

Speaking of walleye.....

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
They have been stocked in Carroll Lake, which is set to re-open in April of 2020.

It is a 100 acre lake that is pretty much the same depth over the entire lake.
I assume it is deeper right by the levee but can't say for sure.
Most of it is in the 5 to 8 feet deep range I would guess.

How would you go about targeting walleye in such a place?

lol, walleye in carroll lake? if they are anything like sauger id be fishing over by the levee by the spillway during the day and maybe shallow in the grass or rock piles if there are any in there during overcast days.

im wondering how many fish came through the spillway and are in that creek below it? thats an awful big gap at the bottom of the spillway and i wonder if they put some type of barrier to keep fish from being sucked out.

SR 1911":14mmh6ra said:
Don't know about walleye but I'm ready for it to open because it's only about two miles from my house

did you get in on the fish catching when the gates collapsed? i bet there was 200 people fishing for a week or so. caught some nice fish too.

WTM":1fx9dkdx said:
SR 1911":1fx9dkdx said:
Don't know about walleye but I'm ready for it to open because it's only about two miles from my house

did you get in on the fish catching when the gates collapsed? i bet there was 200 people fishing for a week or so. caught some nice fish too.

I was there with my stepsons and their dad and they were having a ball to say the least.

Reckon that gap in the spillway was by design? It seems to me like the gates just don't close good.

Latest posts

Back