• Help Support TNDeer:

Stocking musky now? LOL

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Had an interesting conversation with a man yesterday about Garrett Lake.

He said they were stocking musky in Garrett Lake now.

Sidebar for those that don't know:
Garrett Lake is located in NorthWest TN in Weakley County
It is a TWRA family lake and is about 175 acres.

Anyway,
I said, are you sure?
In my mind I was thinking about the chain pickerel that there are some of in that lake.

He said yep, the game warden himself told me they were stocking them and another guy said they were probably pike and he said nope the game warden said they were MUSKY.

Wellllll alrighty then. :)

I then just said, that's pretty cool. I overcame the temptation to bring up stocking of rattlesnakes. :)

I guess the people that let their kids swim there better look out. :D

Ruger, two of my fishing buddies keep telling me that and one said he talked to a guy that saw them when they did it. I just keep on being my skeptical self. I haven't caught any musky. Ihave caught some chain pickerels out there.

Ya know I don't catch, or hear of as many, of the pickerels being caught as I used to.

One of my son's friends hung one two years ago and I was hoping it would stay on but it got off on the third jump.
I wanted to see their faces when they saw it close up. LOL

I will say this, I bet a musky would have fun with all the half to pound bass in there. :D

GARRETT 09/30/09 2009 LAKE ILLINOIS Muskellunge 1,005 5.80 BOAT RAMP 5.00 - 6.40 ILLINOIS

1,005 muskellunge stocked into Garrett Lake in 2009.

Doskil":2wcx9y4j said:
GARRETT 09/30/09 2009 LAKE ILLINOIS Muskellunge 1,005 5.80 BOAT RAMP 5.00 - 6.40 ILLINOIS

1,005 muskellunge stocked into Garrett Lake in 2009.
Illinois?

Sent from the talk of tap

Muskies FROM Illinois were stocked into Garrett Lake, Tennessee.

Now somebody needs to go catch one :D

Latest posts

Back