• Help Support TNDeer:

For Sale Straight Razors for sale - price drop

CharlieTN

Did a price drop on all of them. I'm also open to a package deal if you are interested in all of the.

Alright, you know you all have been wanting to get back to the old school way of doing things. Well, I've got some straight razors for sale. I have personally used all of these except the blade only. I'll try to describe them as best as I can. The edges are all in good shape with no chips or cracks.

First up is a J.A. Henclels made in Solingen Germany sold under the Graef & Schmidt name. I rescaled this on as the original scales were in bad shape. It's a wide hollow grind that shaves very smoothly. $65 shipped

A little trivia for you, the curved notch at the end of the blade is so that you can get in tight around your nose and ears without cutting yourself.

IMG_3406.webpIMG_3408.webpIMG_3407.webpIMG_3409.webp

Next up is a M.E. Reppenhagen Diamondine No. 7. Made in Germany. This was my first straight. Very nice and smooth shaver. I also rehandled this one after the original scales broke. $50 shipped

IMG_3410.webp
IMG_3412.webp
IMG_3411.webp
IMG_3413.webp

Next is the only us made one a Karnak More Co. made in St. Louis. Again, I rehandle this one. This one is smaller and would be a good choice for a beginner. It is a very smooth shaver but maybe not as close as the others. $40 shipped

IMG_3414.webp
IMG_3415.webp
IMG_3416.webp

And finally is the blade only labeled simply "Warrented". Made in Sheffield England. I picked this one up as a project to make a patch knife out of and have since scrapped that idea. The blade is in good shape but does need to be cleaned up as a previous owner had been a bit rough on it. No chips or cracks that I can tell. It is a true wedge blade as well. $25 shipped for it.

IMG_3417.webp
IMG_3418.webp

If you're interested in more than one let me know and we can cut a deal. As I mentioned, I have used the three scaled razors, but I'm pretty much sticking with a beard so a straight is not really needed anymore. You will probably want to get these touched up, they're sharp but they have sat unused for at least 4 years now.

They're located in Spring City, TN if you want to look at them in person.

Last edited:
The big trick is to get the angle down and very light pressure. It's really a gentle process. I learned by putting some electrical tape on one of the blades first to learn the angle. Then I started with the easy parts of the face first, the cheeks. The neck came last.

Funny thing is that the only bad cut i've ever had was to my thumb. I was shaving when one of my daughters, then about 5-6 or so, came in the bathroom to ask me something. In turning to answer I bumped the blade with my left thumb. Cut it very cleanly. No distractions when using a straight for sure.

For sure. I'm keeping my oldest straight and my favorite in case I decide to ditch the beard again. It's an Wostenholm & Sons frameback that's close to 130 years old. Shaves amazing well.
I will have to get out Dad's razor and snap a pic and post it when I get home. It still in the original box. My brother has his other razor. Good luck on your sale. I'm sure someone out there is looking for a good razor.

Latest posts

Back