• Help Support TNDeer:

Striped Fish on JPP Still Active

MidTennFisher

It's a little later than I expected them to still be acting like this but get after them while it's good. I didn't find any really large ones like I found in March but I still found a lot of numbers. Lower end of the lake up in the coves. Hybrids and White Bass, large White Bass in the 14-15" range, are busting shad all over the place. When you see them start boiling it's about impossible to bring a topwater through them and not get blasted. It's a really good time. I limited out on Hybrids quickly, even caught a few more, and also kept several of those larger Whites. Paddletail swimbaits in pearl or white will also get hammered.

If I didn't have all my camping gear that could get stolen, I'd stop by on the way home as I drive right past the dam. I have a dog walker bait that get smashed every time bass are feeding on top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice catch!

I was out there with a buddy Friday morning and we really struggled. I actually think I saw you there. Lower end, cove, green yak. We just weren't able to locate them.

We might try them again this Friday morning.

Dbllunger":1g2m6w7v said:
Nice catch!

I was out there with a buddy Friday morning and we really struggled. I actually think I saw you there. Lower end, cove, green yak. We just weren't able to locate them.

We might try them again this Friday morning.

Yep that was me! Come say hi next time. I'm surprised you didn't find any. I was covered up back in that area between the cove and the island. Try that water next time. It has been good for me on multiple occasions.

This is from this past weekend. Caught something over 30 hybrids Saturday morning, several over 10, biggest was 12. Caught 12 Sunday morning, biggest was 9. This past Monday, was the best, caught close to 40 and many in the 9 to 11 lb range with one that was just over 13 on the bogas. This morning they were eating a pro sizzle jr. The cork and fluke overall is still the best bait in my opinion and they are still confusing, I am finding them in a different place everytime I go. the colder nights will hurt the morning topwater bite for a bit. My biggest this year has been right at 14.

Back