• Help Support TNDeer:

SWFA SS Fixed Power Scope Question

I just bought a 3-9x42 ss HD during their sale. I've heard nothing but good things about it and the other swfa scopes. Going to use it on a lightweight long range build I'm doing with a Bighorn action.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

lungpuncher1":2kchwd4c said:
I just bought a 3-9x42 ss HD during their sale. I've heard nothing but good things about it and the other swfa scopes. Going to use it on a lightweight long range build I'm doing with a Bighorn action.

How would you compare the glass on the HD model?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

280longshot":1k6865vf said:
lungpuncher1":1k6865vf said:

I haven't gotten it yet haha.

I've read it's very comparable to the older zeiss conquest 3-9x40. Which I have several of and love them. So I'm excited. I'll update when I get it.

A couple guys who build hard recoiling smokeless MLs have recommended the SWFA SS 10x fixed for those on a budget. They are supposed to be pretty darn tough.

280longshot":2a5kfvyu said:
lungpuncher1":2a5kfvyu said:

Received the swfa 3-9. I absolutely love it. Very clear and bright, the reticle is fantastic. It's heavy posts on the outside which will be perfect for the woods but it's thin on the inside which will be nice for long range and target situations. Very pleasantly surprised.

lungpuncher1":8x3z4f2u said:
280longshot":8x3z4f2u said:
lungpuncher1":8x3z4f2u said:

Received the swfa 3-9. I absolutely love it. Very clear and bright, the reticle is fantastic. It's heavy posts on the outside which will be perfect for the woods but it's thin on the inside which will be nice for long range and target situations. Very pleasantly surprised.

That's the scope I would have bought, but I like a bdc reticle for hunting fields here in Tn.
Nice to hear the glass is on par with your expectations. The SS is pretty much all the rant on another forum for long distance shooting.

lungpuncher1":16sr8bp6 said:
280longshot":16sr8bp6 said:
lungpuncher1":16sr8bp6 said:

I got my 12X fixed power in. Scope seems really well built and the glass is great. It is heavy which doesn't bother me and the reticle is the Mil Quad. This will be on a dedicated paper punching rifle so I wasn't worried about the reticle for hunting. Can't wait to test out the turrets as everyone I have spoken with has said how good they are. For the price, if it doesn't work out, not big deal.

TNRifleman":3dfm90qo said:
lungpuncher1":3dfm90qo said:
280longshot":3dfm90qo said:
lungpuncher1 said:

I got my 12X fixed power in. Scope seems really well built and the glass is great. It is heavy which doesn't bother me and the reticle is the Mil Quad. This will be on a dedicated paper punching rifle so I wasn't worried about the reticle for hunting. Can't wait to test out the turrets as everyone I have spoken with has said how good they are. For the price, if it doesn't work out, not big deal.
My 3-9 ss isn't heavy at all. But I've read the fixed fixed scopes are. But like you said they are for range work. Not mountain hunting haha

Latest posts

Back