• Help Support TNDeer:

Tellico Tips

rbreedi1

Hey guys, looking to fish Tellico here soon. It's been probably 15 years or more since I've been over there. I would like to do some fly fishing. Any tips on what section of the river fishes best?

take a rock to stand on because there will be somebody on all the other ones. i quit fishing tellico/citico years ago when it got so crowded. bald river, north river, sycamore creek are all some decent fishing away from the crowds but a 8 inch fish is a big one.

It was definitely crowded on tellico and Citico today but I did see some fish being caught. I went to Indian boundary with the kayak and it was crowded as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smstone22":25ocwjdd said:
It was definitely crowded on tellico and Citico today but I did see some fish being caught. I went to Indian boundary with the kayak and it was crowded as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe it's a good thing that my plans fell thru then.

If your set on fishing Tellico, Tuesday and Wednesday are the best days to go. Myself however would much rather be on one of the several wild streams in the area. Great fishing and no crowds. The main Tellico and Citico are a circus EVERY weekend! Let alone a holiday weekend!

CATCHDAWG":1u7k1w7z said:
If your set on fishing Tellico, Tuesday and Wednesday are the best days to go. Myself however would much rather be on one of the several wild streams in the area. Great fishing and no crowds. The main Tellico and Citico are a circus EVERY weekend! Let alone a holiday weekend!

I am not set on exclusively fishing the tellico. I'm open to other ideas, which wild streams are you talking about? I'm all about getting away from the crowds.

I GO MONDAY -WEDNESDAY AND MAYBE 1-10 FISHING.BUT I WENT IN MIDDLE OF MARCH AND KAYAKERS ARE TAKING OVER,I BET THERE WAS A 100.TAKING OVER STREAM AND PARKING AREAS.AND THEY DON'T PAY NOTHING!

SOUTHERN CHICK":4dqtdp8d said:
I GO MONDAY -WEDNESDAY AND MAYBE 1-10 FISHING.BUT I WENT IN MIDDLE OF MARCH AND KAYAKERS ARE TAKING OVER,I BET THERE WAS A 100.TAKING OVER STREAM AND PARKING AREAS.AND THEY DON'T PAY NOTHING!

they pay taxes. they also take nothing.

Latest posts

Back