• Help Support TNDeer:

The Campbells Tough It Out

rsimms

Chris Campbell has been eyeballing me a long time on TNDeer. He finally made to the Scenic City with his two boys, Cody & Justin. We were worried we might get stormed out the one day they had to fish. We were lucky, sort of. The storms didn't run us off the water, but it poured BUCKETS!

The Campbells weren't greatly equipped for monsoon rain, but they are soldiers. I waited and waited, expecting someone to cry, "Uncle." They never did... this, in spite of the fact that I took them on a four-hour snipe hunt. Several of my big fish sweet spots failed miserably. :bash:

Finally I gave up on the big fish anchor bite and we headed upstream to hit my light tackle pattern where I felt we could at least put a few "eater" cats in the boat.

Lo and behold, on the first drift Chris does battle with a kick-a$$ 30-pounder, his personal best ever catfish. Whoop! Whoop! :party:

But on the other hand, it made me real mad for wasting four hours on a dead pattern. But, we sort of made up for lost time. Besides the TARP 30-pounder, Chris and the boys boated a couple of 15's, two 13's and a whole bunch of 5-10 lb. "eaters."

They had several doubles. They went home with a hefty cooler full of catfish. That means life is good and gettin' better every day!

Attachments

• web_IMG_9335.jpg
    web_IMG_9335.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 424
  • web_IMG_9341.jpg
    web_IMG_9341.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 420
  • web_IMG_9342.jpg
    web_IMG_9342.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 426
Nice cats. Was checking see how the funds are looking last night lol. Thinking about booking a trip with you. When is best month for big cats?

Latest posts

Back