• Help Support TNDeer:

These are a few of my favorite things...

CATCHDAWG

The bite was slow but managed a few and lost way to many at the boat. Guess I'll have to go back next week! ;)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 947
I caught a bunch of them back in the 90's around Kentucky Lake in the Big Sandy area, but haven't tried in many years.

We didn't really know what they were at that point (just told "yellow perch" - the Yankees eat them). So we took them home and tried to scale them like crappie :)

That was when we realized that we had to learn a new way of filleting fish that involved filleting them off the skin, because those things are not suited for scaling!

Crosshairy":oj03itlb said:
I caught a bunch of them back in the 90's around Kentucky Lake in the Big Sandy area, but haven't tried in many years.

We didn't really know what they were at that point (just told "yellow perch" - the Yankees eat them). So we took them home and tried to scale them like crappie :)

That was when we realized that we had to learn a new way of filleting fish that involved filleting them off the skin, because those things are not suited for scaling!
No, they aren't. It is surprising though at how much meat comes off these small fish when you fillet them.

You should see how the Yankees scale these things up on Lake Erie. They throw them in a special steel drum and tow it from their fishing spot back to the dock. There's not a scale left on them when they pull into the slip. It'll scale dozens of fish at a time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back