• Help Support TNDeer:

Think these are carp?

RUGER":tclywi64 said:
I'm saying yes.
That is what I thought. If it had been some other I feel like I would have had a tug or two every once in while. I don't think there were any crappie hanging out near them. This was the first time I have ever seen schools like this.

I think also that we are screwed on Ky lake and probably the others that these have gotten into. I don't see how there could be enough commercial fisherman to get these down and keep them to a level that is not affecting all the other species.

The last time I was there with Shane we rode around and was looking at literally THOUSANDS of arcs on his screen like that and he was telling me they were carp.
I said no way so he idled up a bit more and sure enough they exploded out of the water EVERYWHERE.

Bad part about commercial fishing for them I fear if someone makes a way to make money off them we will never be rid of them.
However, I don't see them going away in any scenario :(

look like a few carp. a couple of folks are in agreement that put off a pheromone and other game fish will avoid them. although, blueball has said that he has caught crappie from under them on brush piles. like a coworker said yesterday, fishing KY lake is like fishing it for the first time every time you go.

i dont think they are doing a whole lot of damage right now, but if they keep spawning, then yeah. i wont get worried until the smaller bluegill and shellcracker start becoming scarce.

WTM":1fkueq9v said:
look like a few carp. a couple of folks are in agreement that put off a pheromone and other game fish will avoid them. although, blueball has said that he has caught crappie from under them on brush piles. like a coworker said yesterday, fishing KY lake is like fishing it for the first time every time you go.

i dont think they are doing a whole lot of damage right now, but if they keep spawning, then yeah. i wont get worried until the smaller bluegill and shellcracker start becoming scarce.
Yep,have caught crappie in beds under them and have also pulled crankbaits through them and caught crappie under them.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back