• Help Support TNDeer:

Today I went on auto mode

Wiley

Some time back I got my first automated powder dispenser, a Frankford Arsenal Intellidropper and I've loaded a couple hundred rounds with it. I loaded those rounds in manual mode since the machine was new to me and I verified each load with a beam scale and an electronic scale to gain trust in the new technology. Today I wanted to load just a few rounds of 308 and I put the machine in Powder cal mode which is the auto mode that drops a preselected charge every time the pan is placed back onto the scale. I like it! It seems a little slow to start dumping powder after the pan is placed for the next charge but once it starts dropping, it is really quick to get the exact amount in the pan. Yep, I like it.

I can never get auto anything with my rifle rounds, even if I have verified the accuracy of my powder droppers (and the entire cycle), both electronic and mechanical. Pistol rounds all day long, but never rifle, maybe because I only do about 100 at a time, once I develop a load for a particular rifle, but it just makes me second guess the process.

Latest posts

Back