• Help Support TNDeer:

Top of the list

RagingBull

What are your thoughts on Age and Score?

Attachments

• WGI_0197.JPG
    WGI_0197.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,730
  • WGI_0060.JPG
    WGI_0060.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,724
He has been showing up between 11PM and 3AM several nights in a row. The mineral site is next to a foodplot, which he has walked through as well. If you knew he was coming up from the south, how far south would I need to hunt to try and intercept him before sundown?

Pretty buck! If he had more tine length and mass he'd be a hoss. As is I'd guess somewhere around the 135" mark. He looks to be 3.5 and possibly 4.5. Hard to say where to set up. It shouldn't take him long to make it to the food plot after sundown if he was bedding nearby. If he's showing up between 11PM and 3AM he may be farther away or even nearby but running sort of a route that takes him by the plot at that time. I'd suggest a little footwork trying to figure out just where he may be bedding if it can be done without blowing him out. If he's on the verge of range shifting that may be all it takes to push him out.

Mike Belt":2cg43s5p said:
Pretty buck! If he had more tine length and mass he'd be a hoss. As is I'd guess somewhere around the 135" mark. He looks to be 3.5 and possibly 4.5. Hard to say where to set up. It shouldn't take him long to make it to the food plot after sundown if he was bedding nearby. If he's showing up between 11PM and 3AM he may be farther away or even nearby but running sort of a route that takes him by the plot at that time. I'd suggest a little footwork trying to figure out just where he may be bedding if it can be done without blowing him out. If he's on the verge of range shifting that may be all it takes to push him out.

Thank you for your comments...

RB

I've never claimed to be an expert at aging or estimating score, but he's an awesome deer whatever he is.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back