• Help Support TNDeer:

Transducer question

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
If you have a side imaging depth finder and the transducer is mounted to the back of the boat and you are floating downstream, backwards, will the side imaging work ?
Will it work the same as if you were going forward?
Basically you will be going backwards.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm

10-4 thanks guys.
Buddy of mine just bought a helix 9 mega and most of the time he goes down the river backwards when trout fishing.

He thought it would be a good idea to get one just to see if he could spot a big trout hiding behind a rock. :D

RUGER":u4mqt6zg said:
10-4 thanks guys.
Buddy of mine just bought a helix 9 mega and most of the time he goes down the river backwards when trout fishing.

He thought it would be a good idea to get one just to see if he could spot a big trout hiding behind a rock. :D

He couldn't catch it if it was there. :lol:
Has he been lately?

Not a bad idea. I was amazed when I stuck my ranger in a tailwater during high flow. You could spot rock fish and big trout laying in the eddies behind submerged log jams and rock shoals on the side scan.

woodyard":1nfe7oar said:
RUGER":1nfe7oar said:
10-4 thanks guys.

He couldn't catch it if it was there. [emoji38]
Has he been lately?
Lol your right!
He left this morning headed that way.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

yeah, but he will need to keep in mind that there is some delay between when the transducer picks it up and when it is actually drawn on the display. also if he is marking fish there will be the difference in distance from his transducer to his mfd, unless it is a TM mount with the mfd mounted on the bow. when going forward he will mark it slightly behind the fish and vice versa when going backward like he wants to do. this is why some serious anglers mount a gps puck above the xducer on the transom and turn off the mfd gps. depending on the distance between the mfd and xducer it can be off as much as 8-10 ft.

a lot of folks dont realize this and when trying to catch finicky fish, they never will.

Yep, I told him the first thing he needed to do was go by a big rock that is out of the water and make a mental note as to where the rock actually is in relation to when it appears on his screen & where it is on his screen.

Latest posts

Back