• Help Support TNDeer:

Transducer??

TRIGGER

Will it hurt a transducer to be on while not in the water? I'm wanting to re-configure my electronics wich will end up meaning my trolling motor transducer will be on all the time not just when the trolling motor is down. Seams like I read somewhere that firing a transducer out of the water for any length of time will burn it up. May have dreamed that though lol

I heard running them out of the water ain't good on them,but I run my lss1's and 2d transducer out of the water on my trolling motor all the time when moving from spot to spot.Transducers are 7-8 yrs old,no problems yet.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

spottedbass":rui7gjm8 said:
TRIGGER":rui7gjm8 said:
which will end up meaning my trolling motor transducer will be on all the time not just when the trolling motor is down.

Why? What kind of configuration are you doing to create/cause this?

I am running hummingbird helix units for my mapping front and back. I am running raymarine units front and back for down imaging. I am upgrading my raymarine at the console to the new axiom unit with down imaging side imaging sonar and 3-D. I do not believe the new unit will communicate with my a78 unit(I only use the front unit for depth and temperature so I don't see it as an issue that they won't communicate) making that a 78 at the trolling motor run constantly without the ability of switching from front to back. I can always get in the unit and turn it off but if I don't have to I don't want to waste the time every time the trolling motor goes in and out of the water.

If you are just talking about while you run from spot to spot that is not an issue. Mine have operated that way for years. I just would not leave it on while stored or charging.

It's been proven through history that women's a mystery! Popeye

yeah i think hummingbird has taken that comment off of their site. one of the reps say that it will not hurt a transducer to have it on out of the water. if it is a higher power unit, like the 1k or 2k watt peak to peak units then i prolly wouldnt leave it out too long. i think i may wire in a dash toggle switch on mine when i get it finally installed lol.

edtcase":1tygqmwx said:
If you are just talking about while you run from spot to spot that is not an issue. Mine have operated that way for years. I just would not leave it on while stored or charging.

It's been proven through history that women's a mystery! Popeye

Yes just while running around. Will not be on unless the boat is in the water.

Latest posts

Back