triumph or omega?

DuckBuster

Hey guys.. i am in the market of buying me a new muzzleloader.. i have heard all the good stuff about the Omega with their groups. But is there any down fall on them. Also i have not heard anything on the triumph. I wonder if they are as accurate. i know they should be easy to clean but just wonder how they shoot. If anyone has one please fill me in on some info.. thanks for the info and input.. DB

FULLDRAWXX75

DB,

I can only speak from personal experience here, I now have a new Omega, I started with a .54 cal Hawkins(still have it, always will) I bought a Knight in-line a few yrs back, hated it from the first shot and resorted back to the Hawkins.

The chance happened this spring that a co-worker had gotten a new Omega for Christmas and was in some financial trouble, he approached me with a deal, $350.00 + my Knight and he was happy...................ME TOO.(It had a Nikon 3x9 SS scope and rings,hard shell case and sling)all included.

I have shot about 10 rounds through the Omega this week, it is by far the best muzzleloader I have personally shot. My confidence level of performance in a muzzleloader has multiplied 10 fold.

I was looking at the T/C Pro Hunter,(big $$$) I am more than satisfied with the Omega.

I am still working up the best powder/bullet combo for me, but I am really happy with the results thus far.

FDXX75

DuckBuster

Well i got a buddy of mine says that he uses a 250gr(i think) shockwave bullet and 150gr of 777 powder and can shoot a 2inch group at 150 yards out of his omega.. thats what i have my eye on but just wondering about the Triumph

BSK

I have an Omega and my brother has a new Triumph. They are both excellent-shooting guns. However, the ability to remove the breech-plug with your fingers on the Triumph is a big selling point for the Triumph. Makes cleaning between shots a snap. If you don't mind spending the extra money, go with the Triumph.

Tikkabuck

I can't say enough good about my Omega I have never had a front stuffer that shoots so good,but I've never shot a Triumph. But I used to ride one. LOL

stik

agreed the t/c quality is slightly better than cva but my son has the optima pro and it will shoot with ANY m/l on the market for about a third of the price of the encore.

BucknBass

My Omega shoots better than any other muzzleloader I've owned. The breech plug is attractive on the Triumph but is it really worth the extra money. I would buy another Omega in a minute.

BSK

BucknBass said:
The breech plug is attractive on the Triumph but is it really worth the extra money.

YES!!! I didn't think so either until I saw just how fast and easy it is to clean the gun between shots. Truly amazing.

BSK

CVA has made absolutely amazing strides in quality of late. Back when I started MZ shooting (early 80s), CVA was synonymous with crap. Now they make a very good gun. I just like the way T/C stands behind their products, no questions asked.

Latest posts