• Help Support TNDeer:

Trolled Some Bandits at Edmund Orgill

Mike Belt

I fished there this morning for about 3 hours. All I caught was 8 little crappie. I have seen 4 pounders come out there though. This was the first time I had my boat in the water there and I was surprised. I trolled most of the lake and the deepest water I found was 11-12 feet deep. Most of the lake is 5-7 feet deep.

I haven't fished it in a couple of years, but RR's always did a lot better than bandits there for me, longlined at about 1 mph +/-.

But then, I've never seen or heard of anything even close to 4 lbs coming out of there, other than bass :)
If I were you, I'd do whatever the guy who was catching those did!!
Good Luck

Several years ago a friend told me I ought to try for crappie at Orgill. I lived just below there at the time and never even knew the lake held crappie. He showed me a couple of pics of the 3.5-4 pound crappie he'd been catching. I went and we caught a couple fishing off the bank I never went back. It may or may not still have big fish like that but they were there.

I'm not doubting you, but I've never caught any crappie aver 11-12" on the high side out of there, mostly dinks. Those RoadRunners will tear them up though.
It was never a place I fished a lot, maybe just 2-3 times a year for several years.

It used to have some nice bass in it :)

Latest posts

Back