• Help Support TNDeer:

Trolling motor question

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I was watching that major league fishing yesterday.
Pretty neat how they do it.

Anyway, I noticed a few of them when they caught a fish and had to get it measured and weighed and stuff they would go to their trolling motor foot pedal and tap something with their foot twice.

Is that a feaure on some trolling motors that basically holds the boat in place till they get back?
That is all I could think of.

AlexDad":2trfq4y0 said:
They also have those TM out now that you can plot a point and the TM will just continuously variate and adjust keeping you in the same spot.

I want one. Minn Kota Terrova has a function called "spot lock" that keeps you within a 5' range via gps. You can also troll a bank and record it into the unit for future trips down that same bank. Just press a button and it will take you on the same path as the recorded. They have a newer one out now that puts itself in the water and can raise up and down to avoid shallow areas too. All with a remote. I don't care for any of it besides the spot lock. I want that bad.

New MInn Kota 112lb 36v with iPilot and universal sonar on order! Its backordered but I should have it by month end, and the feature I am most excited about is the "spot lock", or as some call it "anchor" setting. With a Lakemaster chip in my Huminbird unit, I can tell it to run a contour line with a few clicks. Granted, this unit costs as much as you can buy a used bass boat for, but I got a large bonus a month ago and talked the chief financial officer, (wife) into it. :)

Latest posts

Back