• Help Support TNDeer:

Tropical Storm/Hurricane Opening Weekend?

UTGrad

Looks like TN is in the path of a tropical storm/hurricane in the Gulf. Anyone watching the weather? Opening morning could be a soaker. I can tell you the Upper Cumberland needs the rain.

Last edited:
It will be more than a tropical storm. It will be a major hurricane when it hits the Florida Panhandle. It is then forecast to turn north and head for eastern TN. Here's the revised model of rainfall now through 7 PM Saturday:

Attachments

• Rain4.webp
    Rain4.webp
    105.9 KB · Views: 1
It will be more than a tropical storm. It will be a major hurricane when it hits the Florida Panhandle. It is then forecast to turn north and head for eastern TN. Here's the revised model of rainfall now through 7 PM Saturday:

The whole state looks to affected heavily in this model. Maybe the "eye" will head to East TN but its going to be wet for most people.

It's so dry here in Cookeville, I'd rather have a good soaker and miss Saturday vs worsening drought conditions.

We got our food plots in just before the last tropical storm came through, and havent had a drop since. Have had nice germination with it, but they should absolutely pop if we get another good round.

We got our food plots in just before the last tropical storm came through, and havent had a drop since. Have had nice germination with it, but they should absolutely pop if we get another good round.
Same here. But I'm going to top-seed my plots with cereal grains before this next soaker. I only replanted the Buckwheat and Crimson Clover before the last one, and they germinated exceptionally well, but need more water.

Latest posts

Back