• Help Support TNDeer:

Trout and camping

tree_ghost

So my cousin is getting married in April and wants to go trout fishing and camping for his bachelor party. We want to do it in late February or early March. I will have 6 guys with me for a 3 day trip. Hoping to get some suggestions on where might be the best place to go for something like this?

Thanks for the help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a campground on Normandy Lake; I believe that it's called Barton Springs. I know nothing about it so you probably should check on when it's open and other regulatons. I have no idea about the suitability for bachelor party activities.

I can tell you that the trout fishing below Normandy Dam should be great about that time. It's stocked over the winter. I've done well there for the last few years.

TNRifleman":sj0quylm said:
It would be a ways away from you guys but the White River around either Flippin, or Calico Rock would be a blast. The campground at the dam of Bulls Shoals lake its really nice.

What I was gonna say. Make a road trip out of it.

You could go to the White River, and camp at Bull Shoals State Park. That would put you in close proximity of anywhere you wanted to go along the White River. You might also consider Gaston's Resort on the White River.

Also, the Norfork Dam/tailwater is not far away, it's about 30-45 minutes away from Bull Shoals State Park. That's usually our backup plan if the White River is generating.

You also have Crooked Creek, and it various points. Most are within an hour from Bull Shoals State Park.
\
Or you could go to the JFK Park near Heber Springs, AR and fish the Little Red River.

The Watauga river in Johnson city would be there I would go.i know of three cabins that are all together in a row on the river that go for $80 a night if you wanted to go that route.if you would like the name and number to them send me a pm

cerac":29bax1f8 said:
The Watauga river in Johnson city would be there I would go.i know of three cabins that are all together in a row on the river that go for $80 a night if you wanted to go that route.if you would like the name and number to them send me a pm

Pm sent

Citico/Tellico in the Cherokee National Forest fits the bill if you want mountains and tent camping. Think they usually start stocking the river around the second week of March. Problem is you'll have to take your own rock to stand on.But if you want to get away from the city and do some real camping and don't care about catching as much as just having a good time together then you should like it somewhere in the CNF.

Eleven Point or Upper Current in Missouri. I love both rivers, especially the Eleven Point. Greer Spring to Riverton is a great three day trip however for me the trout fishing slows down past Turners Mill.

Hiwassee river in Polk county, TN....you'll be hard pressed to find any better trout fishing in the state along with the scenery. You can camp at Gee-creek campground right on the river. If you have any questions just shoot me a pm. I've lived here my whole life.

Back