• Help Support TNDeer:

Trout Magnet tips?

TboneD

Just wondering if anyone would be nice enough to share any tips on how to fish these, especially on low water on rivers like the Caney Fork. Thinking of taking my my kids or nephews up there and I've had little luck with them so far but know a lot of folks do really good with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Trout Magnet tips?

Make sure you adjust your depth to where it is easing along or just above the bottom.

They work !

DCOOK223":1c5fzqmc said:
I dont have any tips, but I've watched the youtube videos. You should check them out if you haven't already

Thanks. I think I've seen a couple of them but will check again.

RUGER":35ob09ih said:
Make sure you adjust your depth to where it is easing along or just above the bottom.

They work !
So you fish them under a float? I've only used them once and I did ok fishing them with a small split shot and twitching it along the shellcracker beds.

Mudbone":1lotr8xu said:
RUGER":1lotr8xu said:

They work !
So you fish them under a float? I've only used them once and I did ok fishing them with a small split shot and twitching it along the shellcracker beds.

Yeah, just off the bottom and you're supposed to keep it moving with the current with little twitches. Best thing I've used by far for Shellcracker had been worms on or practically on the bottom.

Reel slowly, constantly twitching rod tip just a hair like 1-2 inches enough to make the lure wobble a bit. It's crack to bream and trout and even shiners and creek chubs. And I've caught common carp on em too

Sent from the talk of tap

catman529":1tr9rc4e said:
Reel slowly, constantly twitching rod tip just a hair like 1-2 inches enough to make the lure wobble a bit. It's crack to bream and trout and even shiners and creek chubs. And I've caught common carp on em too

Sent from the talk of tap

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back