• Help Support TNDeer:

TWRA Audit

rsimms

Headlines coming out across the state imply that TWRA has problems regarding management of endangered species. In reality, however, it's really not so bad, IMHO.

Here's why: http://bit.ly/2x0E8fN

Attachments

• twra_audit.jpg
    twra_audit.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 1,513
After reading through the entire audit, I can almost promise you that some other state depts would almost kill to have one that good. Basically, not updating a list was the only "finding" that I saw in the audit, and TWRA was already in the process of correcting that before the audit even started. Most of the report was informational in nature on various critical issues that TWRA is trying to deal with.

Great job by TWRA and the TFWC!

scn":6cn595d0 said:
not updating a list was the only "finding" that I saw in the audit

"a list"?

An audit has found that the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency has not updated the state's endangered species list in 16 years, even though it is required to do so every two years.

endangered species; a species of animal or plant that is seriously at risk of "extinction".

"a list"?

nitro_z17":1qtx60xf said:
scn":1qtx60xf said:
not updating a list was the only "finding" that I saw in the audit

"a list"?

An audit has found that the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency has not updated the state's endangered species list in 16 years, even though it is required to do so every two years.

endangered species; a species of animal or plant that is seriously at risk of "extinction".

"a list"?

Yes, a list.

If having an animal on a list is going to save it from extinction, then they should have identified the issue 16 years ago instead of now. There have been multiple state and federal audits conducted in that time period, so it obviously wasn't a major deal. Anyway, TWRA was aware of the issue and was already in the process of correcting it before the audit even started, which you conveniently left out of my statement that you quoted.

You might want to read the entire audit to get a better feel for what was going on with that issue. As audits go, it is a pretty minor finding. The report also documents steps TWRA is proactively taking to prevent animals that are on the threatened LIST from ever making it to the endangered LIST.

Latest posts

Back