• Help Support TNDeer:

TWRA Dove Fields

GMONEY865

Went to forks of the river wma yesterday. the fields that have been planted in sunflowers have been sprayed but not cut yet..... heard the shoot they had last year was one of the worst ever. anyone know why they don't cut the field 30 days before?

Forks of the river normally has a good shoot, you won't find much that sprouts there because they burn it after they whack it down, plenty of seed left on the ground, the leased field I hunted last year had been corn but was cut probably a month before, the rate of winter wheat was about 1 kernel per square foot. I studied the field closely and very few birds, the land owners bushhogged a wide path through standing corn and they had birds all day. The best hunts I have had in the last 10 years have been on wma's.

Forks of the river normally has a good shoot, you won't find much that sprouts there because they burn it after they whack it down, plenty of seed left on the ground, the leased field I hunted last year had been corn but was cut probably a month before, the rate of winter wheat was about 1 kernel per square foot. I studied the field closely and very few birds, the land owners bushhogged a wide path through standing corn and they had birds all day. The best hunts I have had in the last 10 years have been on wma's.
Thanks Mike that's some great info!

Latest posts

Back