• Help Support TNDeer:

TWRA Hunter Ed Course

gil1

I'd ask this in the TWRA forum, but they have no control over the three on-line instruction websites listed below.

As far as the on-line education, can anyone recommend one of the options - either the free TWRA CD or one of the three interactive on-line websites listed below. Is any better or worse?

[color:#FF0000]"In addition to the traditional twelve hour hunter education course the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA) has developed an online/CD field day course to better accommodate people's busy schedules. There are two ways to complete the home study portion of the online/CD course. One way to complete the home study portion of the online/CD field day is to call your regional office or the Nashville office and request that the home study CD be mailed to you. The home study CD is free upon request. Students must complete all sections, quizzes, and tests at home on their computer. The student then brings the printout of completion to a scheduled field day.

The other option is to complete the home study portion of the online/CD field day online. Students must log-on and complete all sections, quizzes, and tests. The student then brings the printout to a scheduled field day. There are three options available for taking the hunter education course online. The three websites listed are not affiliated or controlled by TWRA.

www.Hunter-Ed.com, this course costs $24.50, and it's interactive, narrated, and offers daily (including weekend) live customer service via email or telephone with a toll-free number.
www.HunterExam.com Tennessee, this course costs $24.95, and it's narrated, interactive, and offers 7-days a week customer support.
www.beasafehunter.org, this course costs $9.95, and it's narrated and provides 24/7 toll free technical support."[/color]

All are accepted equally. Use the free CD. As a Hunter Ed instructor i can tell you it more than covers all you need to know. There is no need to spend any money. Then do the field day.

Diehard Hunter said:
All are accepted equally. Use the free CD. As a Hunter Ed instructor i can tell you it more than covers all you need to know. There is no need to spend any money. Then do the field day.
+1

My wife did the free one and it was fine. I just hated that we still had to set through a day long class over basically the same stuff at a 10 year olds level and then go shoot a BB gun. Yes we actually shot a BB gun for Hunter Ed LOL That was just so frustrating to waste a day and 5 hours of driving on.

I used beasafehunter.org and then went to the TWRA field day to complete the course. Easy and free and I learned a few things. It seems they have changed though and now charge a fee for using it, which wasn't the case when I took the course (April 2010).

Back