• Help Support TNDeer:

Twra may 24 carp meeting

If a man had the extra money to blow on a boat set up and equipment he might be able to make some money one day i see the demand and market going up on these carp.

GRIT":2goffff9 said:
If a man had the extra money to blow on a boat set up and equipment he might be able to make some money one day i see the demand and market going up on these carp.
Thats what we need at the moment until they figure something out.The worse thing is the nearest processor i believe is in whitecliff,ky.Heard they spoil pretty fast so they need to be iced down.I think ky installed ice machines at a couple locations for the comerical fishermen.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Don't hold me to this but i think they only pay 2 cents a pound for them if that price would go up i think a lot more people would take a chance getting into it.They could maybe set some freezer trucks or something on certain dates to help the fishermen out.

GRIT":1v2icvyh said:
Don't hold me to this but i think they only pay 2 cents a pound for them if that price would go up i think a lot more people would take a chance getting into it.They could maybe set some freezer trucks or something on certain dates to help the fishermen out.

Geez... 2 cents a pound is about zero incentive for any "normal" guy to do it. Even if a man managed 500 pounds of the things, that's $10.

The thing is... commercializing them is tricky. Once a person/company can make money on catching carp, it's no longer in their best interest to get rid of all of the carp. Their money disappears.

GRIT":2rryouqs said:

Probably about right.
I remember when I watched it on the news about the plant in Wickliff or wherever it was, I remember thinking there is no way I would mess with them for that little of a price per pound.

TNReb":qtd35a5v said:
. . . commercializing them is tricky.
Once a person/company can make money on catching carp, it's no longer in their best interest to get rid of all of the carp. Their money disappears.
Very true.
But this may be the best way to rapidly reduce the carp population.

Think .13 a lb is what they a getting.Twra is talking about giving them .07 a lbfor a total of .20 a lb.Think rhey are talking about helping them with free nets to so many fishermen as an incentive.They are also talking about giving the processing plants a couple cents a pound.

TheLBLman":1pkcg6a8 said:
TNReb":1pkcg6a8 said:
Once a person/company can make money on catching carp, it's no longer in their best interest to get rid of all of the carp. Their money disappears.
Very true.
I don't disagree. I just think an expiration date has to be established. "After 3 years, all incentives are off".

I assume the powers that control this have more sense than I do and take this in consideration.

TNReb":664pxvaa said:
TheLBLman":664pxvaa said:
TNReb":664pxvaa said:
Very true.
I don't disagree. I just think an expiration date has to be established. "After 3 years, all incentives are off".

I assume the powers that control this have more sense than I do and take this in consideration.
Dont think its that easy or the problem would have already been solved

bluball":1pmb018k said:
Dont think its that easy or the problem would have already been solved
Agree.

We need multiple plans of attack against this problem.

Perhaps seeing this invasive species as a tasty food item becomes a good start.

We may also need C.A.R.P. (Carp Angling Roudy People)
promoting regional, state and national carp-fishing tournaments.

I nominate SCN to be editor-at-large for the new CarpMaster Magazine.
Read All About It: Big Carp on the Fly!
Who needs tarpon? - Tennessee Boasts New Freshwater Fishery

I can see it now: Kirk's Karp Outfitters :tu:

Crappieaddict":1m2u0euy said:
I don't particularly like to even touch em. Not sure I'd be to into eating em, but who knows? I've read they can be served up pretty tasty.........
I went to ky crappie.com get together 2 yrs ago and they cooked some for everyone to try,tasted pretty good

Perhaps we need Jeremy Wade (of River Monsters fame) to come over
team up with Steve McAdams ----- start a new TV show -------
The Carp Masters
Hey, Garry Mason can be to C.A.R.P. what Ray Scott has been to B.A.S.S.

Who will be the first inductee into the C.A.R.P. River Rider's Hall of Fame?

Date Pending:

The 2018 CarpMasters Invitational - Tennessee's Kentucky Lake - Blast Off from Paris Landing Marina
(All carp caught in this tournament will be donated to CFTH)

questions i would want to know. how much funding is being set aside for the problem and has any thought been given to trying the "unified method" when the fish are in the bays in order to trap and kill them. this method was used successfully in a smaller lake to eradicate them. this is the way the chinese round them up for harvest.

Think ky lake is different than a smaller lake,could be wrong though.You going to the meeting thursday.
WTM":2hog9uai said:
questions i would want to know. how much funding is being set aside for the problem and has any thought been given to trying the "unified method" when the fish are in the bays in order to trap and kill them. this method was used successfully in a smaller lake to eradicate them. this is the way the chinese round them up for harvest.

bluball":1w38mmyt said:
Think ky lake is different than a smaller lake,could be wrong though.You going to the meeting thursday.
WTM":1w38mmyt said:

i should be able to make it. the lake in missouri was 2200 acres, comparable to a few of our bays although the depth of those bays could be problematic. looks like someone could design a sounder on the same freq that makes them go apeshat and herd them into the back of the bays and net them off. the manpower would probably take 50 boats to place the nets.

Back