• Help Support TNDeer:

under water lights?

Amazon has led strips cheap they come in 150 and 300 count. Just make sure they are the waterproof ones. I ordered some they come pre wired and has a sticky back so you can just wrap them around pvc pipe.. I like the green really well and works great..

Cool! ill have to look into that. How do you use them? What do you fish for at night?
Work is going to ramp up and get crazy so night fishing will probably be a good option.

I drop them over the side of my boat to whatever depth i like and works best.. I fish for white bass mostly

You can flat wear out crappie under lights. It's huge in NC but i hardly ever see anyone doing it in east TN. Most guys I know go to bridges and set lights in the water. They wait about 30 mins or so and then drop minnows under a cork in the lights. Then they commence to feeling up their cooler with crappie.

Brad, Thanks for the info. Found some DIY vids on youtube and ordered the stuff to make 2 lights. How are yours working? Any problems getting the tube sealed? What kind of glue/caulk did you use?

fishboy1":3r4krv01 said:
What type of water should I try that in?

Shallow coves?
Rocky bluffs?
Points?
Deep water?

Thanks!

points and creek channels are good. one of my best spots is where 3 channels come together in 40 ft. of water in a clover leaf shaped cove.

You don't have to use a tube like that guy on youtube did he went a little overkill.. All you have to do is wrap your lights around a piece of pvc pipe.. Then get about 15-20 feet of wire and make it up to the light strip.. Good luck and I hope it works well for you bud..

Sweet! This is an awesome thread and I appreciate all the tips and info.

Brad, so you don't need the clear plastic tube to protect the leds ? That is half the cost of the light!

No you don't need the clear tube if you bought the waterproof LEDs.. You can dab a little liquid electric tape on the ends just to be safe.. Did you get the 150 or 300 count strips

Got the roll of lights and they are bright! Going to try and whip one up tonight. Gotta rummage through the basement for an old extension cord.

Ok apparently I forgot how to read. Got a 120 led roll, Guess I will make a smaller light. Thought I was getting a 600 led strip. DOH !

Latest posts

Back