• Help Support TNDeer:

Unique rack

74MOPAR

IMG_8782.webp
IMG_8781.webp

Seems like I am seeing at least one goofy one every year around here for the past several years, and often they are mature bucks. May be due to more older age class bucks and more fighting causing damage in prior seasons?

Seems like I am seeing at least one goofy one every year around here for the past several years, and often they are mature bucks. May be due to more older age class bucks and more fighting causing damage in prior seasons?
Yep - that's mostly the cause. We have them and have for about 5-7 years now. Never noticed it much before, just here and there. I think us working toward a more balanced herd is the reasoning. It sucks, but the overall benefit is more fruitful than it used to be

That's a nice buck!

We had a neighbor once that always put out corn and an antler trap starting right after the season ended. We had a few bucks that were really nice on one side and jacked up on the other. He passed away in a motorcycle accident a few years ago. Since then the problem has seemed to go away. Not sure if that was the cause or if maybe the doe or buck with a certain gene caused it and is no longer alive.

I think that's the answer. When you have just a couple mature bucks, the pecking order is easily established. Add a couple more and things get riled up.

Latest posts

Back