• Help Support TNDeer:

VA dog hunters are backstabbers?

Shed Hunter

I wish they would make a law were dog huning was only allowed on private land. Im completely against dog hunting as a whole but I think your entitled to your right to do whatever you want on your own land, not public.

I always wanted to try it, but I know why people complain. my only experience/exposure to dog hunting was in VA where i grew up. we were hunting (one of my first times) on a farm that was surrounded to my knowledge by other farms. there was a gravel road that ran to a dead end nest to the farm. there was a swamp that may have been state land, but i'm not sure. we were walking in and you hear dogs barking then guns blazing. we waited 10 minutes to see if the deer would come our way; nothing. we started walking and her comes the deer. we laid down, because we were in a field. we shot and missed too. then here comes a truck driving into the property. the adult present asked what they were doing and they said they hit the deer and wanted to see if we got it, but they were already driving on before we shot because when we shot we stood up and they were there and it was a ways in from the rd. As far as i can tell they just used the public dead end rd to justify their right to hunt and ran the dogs onto private land to get the deer.

Bone Collector,there are bad examples of every kind of hunter,every kind of human.I loved it growing up in SC.But dog hunting does draw its share of "reckneckness" :)

I guess the only thing that bothers me about it is that people think its easy ,deer just run out to you and let you shoot em.

Not the case.

Times are changing,propertys getting smaller,I grew up on a 35,000 acre club.we never,or rarely had problems.

Had a great time growing up deer hunting with Dogs. But funny how deer hunting is illegal on Sundays but other types of hunting is not. That's why politicions should always stay out of wildlife management.

WRbowhunter said:
Had a great time growing up deer hunting with Dogs. But funny how deer hunting is illegal on Sundays but other types of hunting is not. That's why politicions should always stay out of wildlife management.

amen!!

Football Hunter said:
Why are you "completly against it"? Just wondering.

I've watched videos of people doing it and it looks fun but to many people are irresponsibe and can't keep there dogs on there own land. I can't stand how many coon dogs I have chasing my deer off were coon hunters can't keep up with there dogs.

I would definately try it if I had a chance. I don't want to be close minded about it but I doubt it would change my opinion.

Football Hunter said:
Bone Collector,there are bad examples of every kind of hunter,every kind of human.I loved it growing up in SC.But dog hunting does draw its share of "reckneckness" :)

I guess the only thing that bothers me about it is that people think its easy ,deer just run out to you and let you shoot em.

Not the case.

Times are changing,propertys getting smaller,I grew up on a 35,000 acre club.we never,or rarely had problems.

Oh i know. that is why i put the "I always wanted to try it in front" those people aren't all dog hunter's. i still want to try it. i think it would be fun.

WRbowhunter said:

Hunting has always been illegal on Sunday in VA. Never could understand why. The official unofficial answer is Sunday = church, but other states in the "bible belt" allow hunting on Sunday. That should be a personal choice not a Gubment choice.

Latest posts

Back