• Help Support TNDeer:

Venice trip

fullstream

Went down for last 5 days as my buddy got his new to him catamaran. We got it setup the first night and headed to the "east lump" to search for 150+lb yellowfin. It was amazing to see 70+ boats in a 3 mile circle 35 miles offshore. We had one strong hit which peeled a couple hundred yards real quick. Ended up pulling the hook. We did manage a couple Bonita's.
Next day we went for swordfish to get away from the crowd. We managed to get 2 on this day, one around 90 and the second 70 both were pretty quick fights with the big one around 30 minutes.
Wednesday was back to sword grounds. We hooked a monster and fought him for close to 2 hours. Ended up pulling the hook right as we got the weight off and getting to leader. We were devastated to say the least. Thursday was a lil sporty so we were gonna hit a close oil rig to load up on vermillion . We were pleasantly surprised to see fish busting the surface chasing baitfish. To our amazement it was blackfin tuna. We tied on some casting lures and went to work running & gunning chasing the surface breaking tunas. Ended up with 6 blackfin from 25-40lbs. Tuna on the grill with fresh sashimi was a great end to a fun trip.
cdb69bfa19a7e3d7265f028b46d64447.jpg

63350840646ee2119a34947e31a1fb79.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTM":2r65ub0v said:
nice fish and sounds like fun. those swordfish must flop all over the boat like asian carp. what a mess.
Actually the blood is from gaff shots. When being brought on board we use 2 sometimes 3 as the sword can be dangerous. But yes they are active sometimes when brought aboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back